Instant Rava Appam Recipe
Total time- 20 minutes
Sooji- 1 cup
Curd- 1/2 cup
Chopped vegetables( coriander, carrots, onions, green peas, beans )- 200 gms
Green chilli- 1 ( remove seeds if making for kids)
Eno fruit salt- 1/2 sachet
Salt -as per taste
Oil/ ghee- 2 tablespoon
Mustard seeds- 1/2 spoon
Curry leaves 4-5
1. Add Sooji in a large mixing bowl. Put curd in same. Mix both the ingredients well.
2. Add chopped vegetables and chopped green chillies and salt to the sooji bowl.
3. Now add 1/2 cup water and mix it well. Make sure consistency should be running like pouring.
4. Cover it with lid and keep the batter aside for next 20 minutes for getting set.
5. Check the batter after 20 minutes. If the batter is thick then add some more water until you get its pouring consistency.
6. Take a tempering vessel, add 1 tsp of oil and once hot, add mustard seeds and once they start to sizzle, add the torn curry leaves. Now, add this to pre set sooji batter and mix well.
7. Lastly, add half a packet of eno fruit salt and mix it until you get to see bubbles forming in the batter. Time to cook appam.
8. Take appam pan, grease it with oil in each cavity. once its hot, pour batter in each of the cavity to the full.
9. Cover the lid and cook on low flame for the next 3-4 minutes or until the bottom side turns golden brown.
10. Now, flip the appe and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on the another side. Put drop of oil/ghee on each appe, itll make appam crispy.
11. Check appam if all are cooked properly. Put the flame off. Take them out in a plate and they are ready to serve.
12.Serve them hot with Coconut chutney/ Corriander chutney/ Tomato sauce.