Winter Superfoods for Healthy And Glowing Skin
Winters are in full bloom and the very cold temperature and low humidity in winters suck out the moisture out of skin rendering it dry, dull, itchy and lifeless.What such thing in winters that makes people on an alert mode? The reason behind this is because your immunity goes down and your susceptibility towards cold, flu, and infections rises significantly. There are some winter foods which are incredibly nutritious and even super healthy. These winter superfoods contain phytochemicals that can prevent you from diseases. These superfoods will make your immunity even more strong to fight cough, cold and infections. Include these superfoods in diet for healthy and glowing skin during winters.
1.Jaggery– It is the rich source of antioxidants and minerals such as iron, zinc, and selenium. It prevents free radicals and also boosts immunity to protect from infections. Consumption of Jaggery keeps your body warm, maintains body temperature.
2. Fish –Fish is something which is worthy of being called a Superfood. Fatty fish such as salmon, mackereland herring are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and vitamin E.These components help combat dry skin and moisturize the skin. Vitamin E protects skin against damage from free radicals and inflammation.
3. Carrots – Carrots are a rich source of β-carotene and vitamin C. Together promotes repair and maintenance of the skin and prevents uneven skin tone. Vitamin C present in carrots helps restore collagen in the skin naturally. Vitamin A present in carrots , acts as anti wrinkle agent. It helps in improving blood circulation that leads to healthy glowing skin.
4. Citrus Fruits – Citrus fruits like oranges, sweet lime, lemon, gooseberry are rich sources of vitamin C. All these foods can effectively fight the free radical action, which prevents skin ageing. Vitamin C keeps your skin supple and firm, even in winter.Also, Vitamin C foods helps treat dark spots and acne and brightens the skin. Lime is the best exfoliator and detoxifier to the skin. Vitamin C, E and Zinc present in lime makes it ideal for acne prone or oily skin types.
5. Nut and seeds- They are known as skin boosting substances.They are also called Nutritional Powerhouse for the skin.They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, B, and E, selenium, monounsaturated fats, minerals, and antioxidants. They promote skin elasticity and help regenerate skin cells. Include these superseeds and nuts in diet –walnuts, pistachios, almonds, cashews, peanuts, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds.
5. Eggs – These are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12, and minerals such as zinc, iron, and copper. Wherein egg yolk contain more calories and fat than the white part of egg. They are rich source of vitamin A,D, E, K. They provides nourishment for your skin. Eggs also contain sulfur and lutein, which helps keep the skin hydrated. Be your skin dry or oily, eggs help in improving skin texture. Egg’s Albumin protein helps tighten pores and also remove excessive oil.
6. Green Leafy vegetables –They are high in vitamin A, which can help combat acne by slowing down the production of sebum. Also, vitamin A (skin loving nutrient) helps flush out toxins.Greenleafy vegetables like spinach, amaranth, fenugreek leaves, radish leaves, etc. are loaded with several vitamins and minerals that help prevent free radical damage in the skin.Beta carotene present in GLVs, known for its ability to renew and repair the skin, protects skin against sun damage.
7. Berries – Berries such as Strawberries, blueberries, gooseberries, raspberries not only taste great, but they’re also good for skin.Berries are packed with powerful antioxidants. These help fight free radicals, which can cause wrinkles and fine lines on the skin.Blueberries are vascular constrictors, they help decrease redness for those with sensitive skin.
8. Sweet potatoes- They help maintaining moisture, give your skin a healthy glow and protect it from free radical damage owing to the abundance of vitamin A. Sweet potatoes are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and nutrients like potassium, manganese, and vitamins A, C, and E, all of which may help improve your skin health. So, make sweet potato a part of your winter diet and see the results.
9. Beetroots- Beetroot juice helps in blood purification and elimination of toxins, leaving skin healthy and glowing. Local application of beetroot on face also work wonders on the skin, as it helps slough off dead cells, making your skin look softer and supple.
So, don’t forget to grab these foods and relish your way to a healthier-looking skin. All these superfoods are freely available to you, show consistency in consuming all or you can stuck to a few food items.You can eat whatever resonates with your choices. Eating these superfoods going to be a small help to protect your skin despite dropping temperatures. Go ahead and glow on !!