Boiled potato – 3
Sooji – 1 cup
Curd – ½ cup
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 6-7
Garlic (grated) - 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 tsp
Green chillies (chopped) – 2
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Soda – ½ tsp
Oil – 1-2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. Take sooji in a pan, add curd & salt to the sooji and whisk well.
2. Now add soda to this mixture and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
3. Now heat oil in the pan and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and ginger garlic chilli paste and turmeric to it.
4. Add mashed boiled potatoes to it. Add salt as per taste and fry for 2-3 minutes. Garnish wish chopped coriander leaves. Sprinkle lemon juice on top.
5. When the mixture cools down, make a tikki for stuffing.
6. Now put the sooji curd paste in the idli molds and put the potato tikkk in it.
7. Cook it in steam or microwave for 5 to 7 minutes.
8. Batata vada is ready to serve with coconut chutney or peanut chutney.